NYS System of Care Pilot
The New York State Systems of Care is a partnership between the Office of Mental Health and other state child-serving agencies aimed to:
- Lead the implementation and strengthening of the Systems of Care framework throughout New York State.
- Create capacity for the statewide provision of High Fidelity Wraparound within Health Homes Serving Children.
- Support school district mental health systems’ improvement and connection to the local System of Care.
- Ensure that family- and youth-driven practices are integrated across all services.
Our team has built an array of resources targeted toward four components of the pilot:
New York State System of Care Pilot Components
Systems of Care
- Provides education and tools to understand and explain the framework
- Builds a community of counties focused on SOC implementation
- Facilitates local planning and infrastructure development
High Fidelity Wraparound
- Provides training and certification for Health Home care managers and supervisors on this care coordination practice model
- Informs better coordination of services and supports for children, youth, and families that have complex needs
- Provides guidance on the assessment system for school district planning
- Develops written tools and resources to assist school districts;
- Facilitates district planning processes
- Builds a community of school districts using the SHAPE System to improve school mental health systems.
Peer Delivered Supports
- Delivers support that is consistent with the central goals of Systems of Care – family and youth driven practices at all levels.